Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sarcasim

Sarcasm is “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt.” Though irony and understatement is usually the immediate context, most authorities sharply distinguish sarcasm from irony; however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony or employs ambivalence. Sarcasm has been suggested as a possible bullying action in some circumstances.

       I was given a coffee mug the other day. On the mug it said "SARCASM, yet another free service I offer!". I couldn't help but think just how much sarcasm plays a role in my day in daily life. I use it all the time. I wouldn't be the person I am without it. I use it as a crutch, shield, tension breaker, mask and battering ram. I'm not sarcastic right out of the gate, you have to earn it. If you're going to be sarcastic, god damn it, you'd better be smart  about it, but not too smart. I always want the person to know that I'm being sarcastic. Although, sometimes I like it when they don't get it right away or it has to be explained to them. It gives it that little extra umph. Really drives the message home.

*NOTICE: Helen Waite is now in charge of my complaint department. SO if you have any complaints - please go to Helen Waite.



       When all you really want to do is punch the person in the mouth but the thought being Marandised, handcuffed, arrested and thrown into the back of a patrol car really doesn't appeal to you, let words be your weapon of choice.  Be careful with your words because there is a thin invisible line you must not cross. Once you have crossed it there is no going back no matter how hard you try. The damage is done. You have lost a friend or even worse made an enemy. So say it with a smile.

       You wouldn't believe some of the things I've said and gotten away with all because I said it with a smile and always remember sarcasm works because arguing with stupid people isn't much fun.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment